You may have difficulties and find that you are wasting a lot of time at a hospital in Korea due to language barriers. Visiting the hospital with a Korean friend will help facilitate your experience. If you cannot find a Korean to go with you, inquire as to which hospitals offer interpretation. Bring cash with you just in case you cannot use your credit card (Some hospitals will take specific credit cards only). The Healthcare Insurance Card is not a prepaid card.
- Public Healthcare Clinics
- Donggu Health Center: (+82-62-608-3355, 1 Seonam-ro, Dong-gu, (31 Seoseok-dong))
- Seogu Health Center (+82-62-350-4708, 33 Gyungyul-ro, Seo-gu, (299 Nongseong-dong))
- Nam-gu Clinic: (+82-62-607-4450, 1, Bongseon-ro, Nam-gu(1284-1 Juwol-dong)
- Buk-gu Clinic: (+82-62-410-8968, 65 Uchi-ro, Buk-gu (359 Jungheung-dong))
- Gwangsan-gu Clinic: (+82-62-960-8746,15 Gwangsan-ro No. 29, Gwangsan-gu (833-8 Songjeong-dong))
- Support for Childcare by Grandparents
- Eligible: All grandparents in the 70th income percentile, or lower with twin grandchildren or triplets or with more grandchildren.
Description: Providing childcare allowance for grandparents who, are responsible for the care and rearing of their grandchildren aged between 0 and 8, in the case that both their parents are working.
Grandparents caring for grandchildren not attending any childcare institution: 250,000 won per month
Grandparents caring for grandchildren up to Grade 2 in age and enrolled in childcare institutes or schools: 100,000 won per month
Supporting Institution: Gwangju Metropolitan City Council of Women
Division in Charge : Welfare&Health Bureau Health Policy Division
Contact : +82-62-613-3354