Re-entry Permission

  • page print
  • page download

Qualified People and Types of Permission

A foreign national who leaves Korea for a short period of time during the permitted period of sojourn in order to get additional permission for a longer stay in Korea must have a re-entry permit before leaving the country. A foreigner who leaves Korea without obtaining a re-entry permit must get a new entry visa while being abroad and will need to go through the alien registration process all over again after returning if he or she intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days. However, a foreigner with a multiple visa may leave Korea and return a limitless number of times during his or her period of sojourn without an additional re-entry permit.

There are two types of re-entry permits: multiple re-entry permits, which allow someone to leave and return numerous times, and single re-entry permits, which can be used only once by a person. Someone may apply for a re-entry permit at the immigration office in his or her residential area, but single re-entry permits can also be issued at the airport immigration offices in Incheon and Gimhae.

Required Documents:

Passport, alien registration card, fees (30,000 won for a passport single, 50,000 won for a multiple-entry passport), an application form for re-entry permit, approval or recommendation from the head of training company (for industrial trainees) and a certificate of holding office (for those who are in charge of foreign affairs, public services and agreements).

Division in Charge : Local Autonomy Administration Division in Local Autonomy Administration Bureau

Contact: +82-62-613-2913 (2913)