Gwangju City Hall
Enjoy an Experience
Enjoy a Specific Course
Festivals& Flowers of Gwangju
Finance & Taxes
Information on Direct Investments
The History of Gwangju
May 18th Democratic Uprising
Health and Welfare
Gwangju City Hall
Map & Directions
Gwangju Info > News > News Clips
2017 WATER KOREA
2017 WATER KOREA, a Big Promotional Boost for Local Companies!
- Participants included three companies in
Gwangju and four companies in
- Over 500 people from the country’s public agencies, local governments and private companies showed keen 'interest' in local companies’ product demonstrations.
(Public Water Service Headquarters, Tel. 82-62-613-6070)
○ The local companies based in Gwangju and Jeollanam-do Province that participated in 2017 WATER KOREA, the largest water industry exposition in Korea, received great interest from visitors and enjoyed great product promotion effects.
○ On March 22, 2017, Gwangju Metropolitan City announced that 2017 WATER KOREA was participated in by three companies based in Gwangju, including
Top Environmental Construction Co. Ltd., CUNATS and Cheongho Environmental Development, and four companies based in Jeollanam-do Province including Eunwoo Corp., HaeDong EnTec, FIXON and
Wonjin. It added that the seven local companies' demonstrations of their products and technologies aroused keen interest from more than 500 visitors from national public agencies including Korea Rural Community Corporation, local governments including Ulsan Incheon, Gwangyang and Jangseong, and executives from private companies.
○ CUNATS, one of the three local firms based in Gwangju, specializes in the development and supply of ‘intelligent water management and automation systems’ based on technology designed to facilitate the rational and efficient management of water resources through the integration of electric, electronic and ICT technologies. The technology is widely used in the field of water resources management including wastewater treatment, reservoir and floodgate control, and river environment and disaster management. It has been applied to over 400 facilities across the country thus far.
○ Top Environmental Construction Co. Ltd. specializes in the maintenance of water-related facilities, such as observation of the interior of dilapidated water and sewage pipes using robots equipped with closed-circuit television (CCTV), reparation of damaged pipes, and elimination of internal obstacles.
The company continues to make investments in the development of new technologies, as well as possessing a number of new technologies such as the TSL technology which enables continuous checking of pipe insertion speed and insertion distance on a digital monitor, and the OPL repair technology which adjusts the pressing area on the inner wall surfaces of pipes when repairing unreachable part of sewer pipes, and is generally used in unexcavated areas.
○ Cheongho Environmental Development Co. Ltd., a specialist in water quality improvement, develops and supplies low impact development (LID) products designed to help establish a sound water circulation system by carrying out initial rainwater cleaning operations and inducing underground infiltration of rainwater. The company also supplies tree-box filters, raised garden beds, and ‘
choc-choc soil (water-circulating soil)’, and designs and constructs rooftop greening and artificial wetlands.
○ "2017 WATER KOREA is an excellent opportunity for local companies to promote their outstanding technologies and products and expand their sales networks nationwide," said an official of the Gwangju Metropolitan City. “The impacts on the promotion of technological levels are particularly strong in the water and sewage sectors given the characteristics of the business concerned. Thus we expect 2017 WATER KOREA to contribute greatly to expanding the entire local economy.”
2017 WATER KOREA, held at the Kimdaejung Convention Center from March 21 to 24, was co-hosted by Gwangju Metropolitan City and the Korea Water and Wastewater Works Association, and sponsored by the Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, the Ministry of the Interior, and the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Participants include 120 companies engaged in the water industry in seven countries including Korea, the United States, China and Japan, as well as water service providers for the seven largest cities in Korea and other related organizations. The number of booths at the exposition was estaimated at around 480.
○ On March 22, the second day of the event, 2017 WATER KOREA featured a table tennis tournament for people engaged in water and sewage works, an international water and sewage conference, and a seminar on the water industry in Korea and the US. The exposition was anticipated to attract a large number of group visitors including universities located in Daejeon, Daegu, Gyeongsangnam-do Provice, Gyeonggi-do Province and Mokpo National University as well as numerous public institutions and related organizations from around the country.
Children's Water Love Experience Booth was visited by more than 100 children on the opening day, while a large number of people visited the Traditional Crafts Promotion Hall and attended diverse events including cultural performances, too.
) / 전체페이지(
‘Experience tourism’ attracts foreign tourists.
I love Gwangju on Saturday!
Enjoy Gwangju City Tour Bus
2017 WATER KOREA
Healthy food made by time
Check the reorganize of city bus routes in advance!
Gwangju City Provides Safe Tap Water
Gwangju Agricultural Technology Center will hold the 3rd Traditional Sauce Making Event.
It will become a cultural hub next May by holding international events with the Asia Culture Center
The way to Seoul will become more comfortable with SRT
Korea•China, seek a new direction of eco-friendly automobile industry
Namgwangju train night market officially runs
The forthcoming kimchi preparation in Gwangju as the homeland for kimchi!
National geology park of Mountain Mudeung area, has been selected to be a candidate for UNESCO world geology park
Opening of the Autumn Flower Festival at Gwangju Lake Ecological Town
111, Naebang-ro, Seo-gu, Gwangju 61945, Korea Tel : +82-62-120
Copyright ⓒ 2015 Gwangju Metropolitan City. All Rights Reserved.